Unfortunately, I thought that I had the ability to directly upload videos to my blog. I was wrong! So, I will attach the video that I made here. The quality isn’t great for some reason, but the video isn’t what matters– the recipe is. 😛 These muffins are my favorite because sometimes I want a nice treat (especially a guilt free one). I like these the most heated up with peanut butter!!
Banana Protein Muffins
(I originally found this recipe on Pinterest)– it says that the author is Liz Thomson so s/o to her.
- 1 large ripe banana (I used two)
- ¾ cup of egg whites (the reason for egg whites is for health purposes… don’t worry too much about keeping out the yolks)
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (Sometimes I use white depending on what I have)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (I always use Chobani)
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I always use Vega which is available at Target)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Optional: walnuts, chocolate chips, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add all the ingredient to a food processor or mixer and blend until smooth.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Scoop about ⅓ cup of batter into each muffin tin.
- I usually just make 12 normal sized muffins.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 15 this time.